HOUSE RULESIt is agreed by all Members that:
Where your office space is located in a building without a reception function if at any time you are the only remaining Member at the Premises/Building you will prior to exiting ensure that:
- all communal electrical devices are turned off;
- all heating and air conditioning equipment is turned off;
- all blinds are closed;
- all windows and window security gates within the Premises and/Building are closed and locked;
- all doors to the Premises and/Building are securely locked.
Any keys, key cards and other items used to physically gain access to the office space/and or Premises remain our property. Members are responsible for safeguarding our property and will be liable for replacement fees should any property be lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
No copies are to be made of any keys or other means of entry to the Premises and you are not to lend, share or transfer any keys or key cards with a third party.
The Premises (including all Workstations and the area around them) are to be kept clean, tidy and clear of all rubbish at all times.
Nothing is to be left on the floors under or surrounding any Workstation, except the drawer unit or any other unit that may be provided by us.
No items are to be left that may obstruct the walkways or passage spaces.
If a Member breaches any of the rules contained above, we reserve the right to move any items causing the breach into suitable storage space be that within the Premises or offsite. In the case of offsite storage, you will be charged the cost of such storage space as an additional charge.
The Workstation of another Member is not to be used without their prior express permission.
Guest(s) are not allowed to enter the Building unless they have been registered according to our policies.
Any Guest(s) of a Member is to comply with the House Rules and Members are to ensure that any Guest(s) visiting the Premises:
- do not disrupt or inconvenience other Members;
- behave in an appropriate and responsible manner;
- have the requisite insurance cover for their activity and their personal property;
- do not spend more than 8 hours per week at the Premises;
- be aged 16 or over, unless our specific prior permission has been obtained prior to entry.
It is the responsibility of the Member to ensure that the number of invited Guest(s) invited is appropriate for the available meeting space.
Members may permit any Guest(s) to share a Member’s Workstation but if the Premises have reached maximum occupancy (meaning full occupancy of all desks within the Premises) then the most recent Guest to have entered the Premises shall leave the Premises so that any Member has space to work.
The capacity of the office space is noted on the Membership Details form and this capacity is not to be exceeded at any time, regardless of the number of Additional Members who have been paid for.
Where your office space is located in a Premises where we permit pets:
- If any Member intends to frequently bring a pet into the office space, we may ask to be provided with proof of vaccination in a form which is satisfactory to us.
- Pets are not permitted to be outside of the Member’s office space unless accompanied by a Member.
- Any injury caused by a pet is the responsibility of the Member who brings it into the office space and we will not be responsible for any injury to pets.
- We reserve the right at any time to restrict a Member’s right to bring a pet into the Premises.
We will provide all Members with the standard Refinery chair when they arrive, which may be upgraded by the purchase of one of the approved Refinery Soft Chairs. Any chairs brought into the office space/Building by a Member must be one of the two approved type of Refinery Soft Chairs.
Common and communal spaces are intended to be enjoyed by our Members and Guests on a temporary basis only, and are not to be used as a place for continuous or everyday work.
No additional heating devices are to be brought into the office space.
Any change to your contact and payment information shall be promptly notified to us.
Notice of changes to services, fees, or other updates will be provided by us to the email addresses provided by you and it is your sole responsibility to read such emails.
Late Fees: If we have not received a monthly payment from you, we email you notification and will attempt a recharge within a week. If the recharge is unsuccessful or you have not transferred us the outstanding sums directly, then you (Primary Member) will receive a non-payment notice on the 12th of the month along with a 10% late fee charge. If we do not receive payment from you during the month, you will continue to receive non-payment notices. If you believe you have received a late payment notice in error and you have already remitted payment, please send proof of your bank payment confirmation to the Billing team or your Community Management team.
We may record via video certain areas in the Premises for security reasons.
Where required of us, we may disclose information about you or other Members as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
No Member will:
- Perform any activity that is reasonably likely to be disruptive or dangerous to other Members, their Guests, or their property.
- Use the [Services] to conduct any activity that is generally regarded as offensive.
- Without our prior written consent, make any alterations to the office space, or affix or attach any items to the walls, install antennas, or telecommunication lines or devices in the office space or bring additional furniture into the office space.
- Copy or take any information belonging to other Members or their Guest(s).
- Without our prior written consent, use the name “The Refinery” or use pictures or logos or illustrations of the Premises in any advertising, publicity or other purpose.
- Without our prior written consent, use the office space in a nature involving frequent visits by members of the public, to include use for retail purposes.
Any Hot-Desking Member:
- May only work from the designated Hot-Desking spaces.
- Is not guaranteed the same space every day.
- Must not leave any items on or under a desk overnight.
- May only use a Dedicated Desk Member’s desk if they have received prior permission from the relevant Member.
All Members will abide by other rules and regulations as determined by us which are communicated to you by email. We may add, delete or amend the rules and regulations at our reasonable discretion and with notice to you.